Nicaragua Adults-Only Eco-Resort All-Inclusive for ONLY $120/person per night – SAVE 38%!Nicaragua / Granada / Jicaro-Island-Ecolodge
Expired Deal, yet call 800-259-4435. We may be able to still book it.
Exotic island getaway for romance, adventure, wellness in beautiful Nicaragua!
>> Click to read what's included
This unique getaway is geared to open-minded travelers with a sense of adventure where you can get back to yourself and get attuned with nature on this amazing and special getaway! Jicaro Island Ecolodge offers an amazing adults-only get-away-from-it-all escape for romantics, adventure enthusiasts, and yoga/wellness aficionados alike. Uniquely situated on a lovely island in Lake Nicaragua, this top-quality, low-key resort features an all-inclusive getaway which includes accommodations in a lakefront casita, 3 a-la-carte meals per day, non-alcoholic beverages, and more for only $120 per person per night. Be active or do nothing – or a little or a lot of both – the choice is yours. Travel through October 30, and make your booking now to take advantage of save 38%.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR TRIPALERTZ DEAL
Fabulous Nicaragua all-inclusive getaway features:
- Accommodations in a Private Casita for 2 guests
- 3 daily multi-course a la carte meals
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- One roundtrip lake transfer from Granada Asese Port to Jicaro Island
- Personal kayak tour (valued at $30/person)
ABOUT JICARO ISLAND ECOLODGE
Jicaro Island Ecolodge is Nicaragua´s most high-end nature eco resort located on a private island in Lake Nicaragua and is ideally suited for those seeking a romantic retreat, an active vacation, or a wellness/yoga retreat. The Ecolodge is located just a short boat ride from the colonial town of Granada with spectacular views of the Mombacho Volcano across the lake. Nine private casitas serve as the perfect setting – all are beautifully appointed with natural furnishings made from locally-certified woods and offer lovely views on the lake itself. All meals are served in the resort’s restaurant. Other amenities include an outdoor pool, bar/lounge, yoga classes and a small spa offering body and facial treatments. Granada is located about 25 miles from Managua’s international airport. It’s only 1.5 hours from the Costa Rica-Nicaragua border for those wanting to travel over-land.
Accommodations at the Jicaro Island Ecolodge will be in a Private Casita – your own “little house” – with a lovely lake view and just a short walk to the pool, restaurant, and wellness center. Each casita is two stories and features a private bedroom with king-size bed on the second floor and a spacious living area and furnished deck overlooking Lake Nicaragua on the first level.
Private Casita amenities feature:
- King size bed with signature bedding, pillow menu and cotton linens
- Furnished deck with oversized hammock and comfortable furniture, made locally from Rainforest Alliance certified wood
- Ceiling fan
- Large doors and windows for cross-ventilation
- Bathroom with shower and complimentary toiletries
- Mosquito netting
- Free WiFi
- Laptop-size in-room safe
FOOD & DRINK
All meals and non-alcoholic drinks are included in this Nicaragua all-inclusive getaway, and meals are taken at the resort’s restaurant. Breakfast and lunch are served a la carte; dinner is a choice of fresh daily specials created by the resident chef. Jicaro has an open kitchen right next to the restaurant, so it is a real treat to watch the chef prepare your dinner right in front of your eyes! The menu has plenty of options and prides itself on the selection of fresh fish from the lake and nearby ocean, local vegetables and fruit, and locally farmed chicken and beef – enjoy extraordinary meals made from fresh, tasty ingredients as part of your unforgettable getaway!
ADDITIONAL RESORT INFORMATION
- Check-in time: 12:00pm (noon)
- Check-out time: 11:00am
- Pets not allowed
- Parking is available (on the mainland at an additional cost)
- Front desk has limited hours
- Tour / ticket assistance for eco-tours available (additional cost)
- Smoke-free property
- Children under 12 are not allowed on property
THINGS TO SEE & DO
Here’s a small selection of recommended tours and activities around Lake Nicaragua and Granada – check with the hotel staff – they will be happy to help with any and all arrangements. They offer varied activities ranging from easy to challenging, and are all accompanied by a private guide who will teach you about local flora and fauna, as well as Nicaraguan history, culture and day-to-day living – these tours are truly the best way to discover the highlights of the area!
Plantations, Tropical Forest & Hot Springs
This tour begins with a short boat ride to the foot of the Mombacho Volcano, which can be seen from the island. A 50-minute hike from the Calera takes you through plantain, cacao, coffee and citrus fruit plantations and a hike through stretches of tropical forests where you can observe the local flora and fauna. Your expert guide will interpret not only the forest but also the cultural implications of farming on Mombacho, which dates back to colonial times. At a spectacular viewpoint at the top, you'll enjoy a picnic before heading back down to the shores of the lake to explore the Hot Springs. Kayak on the small stream up to the hot springs and take a dip to relax your muscles. This tour is unique and an absolute must to cultivate a sense of place during your stay at Jicaro.
Granada City Tour
This 4-hour tour visits the famous city of Granada, established in 1524 by the Spaniard Francisco Hernandez de Cordoba, the oldest colonial city on mainland America and considered one of the prettiest cities in Latin America. You will visit relevant sites and colonial buildings as well as the San Francisco Museum, which preserves some of the most interesting indigenous ceramic and statue collections. Your guide will take you into the past to learn about all the issues that involved Granada's development since the pre-Columbian period. You will hear stories about real pirates, like the infamous Henry Morgan and their adventures and also civil war stories that tell of the city being burned to ashes, sacked and destroyed several times.
Mombacho and Pueblos Blancos
This is an 8-hour adventure tour which leaves the hotel after breakfast and spends the day in the Mombacho Natural Reserve and White Towns. It starts with a short drive from Granada to the natural reserve, where you will jump on a truck to start the adventure. Once at the top of the volcano, visit the biological station to gather information about this cloud forest. Walk into the forest using “El Crater Trail” and observe dense vegetation where trees are covered by many kinds of plants like orchids and bromeliads. At the trail’s end there is a great view of Lake Nicaragua and the islands – including the one is our island! On your way to San Juan de Oriente, stop for lunch at a typical Nicaraguan restaurant in Catarina. Your guide will lead you through the towns of Catarina and San Juan de Oriente where you can learn from local artisans about their process for making pottery.
Classic Masaya and Catarina
This is an unforgettable 4-hour tour in rural Nicaragua. The day beings with a visit to the Masaya Volcano National Park, with the stunning and active Santiago crater – it’s one of the few places in the world where such an active volcano can be observed up close. You will also visit the ecological museum, where your tour guide will explain about various themes in geology, history, vulcanology and ecology. Up next is a visit to Nicaragua's most popular open-air handcraft market located in Masaya, where Nicaraguan crafts can be purchased. You will then drive to Catarina, one of the famous traditional towns where ornamental plants and flowers are grown. Here, you will enjoy impressive panoramic views over the Apoyo Lagoon and surrounding region. Before returning to your departure point, you will pass by San Juan de Oriente and observe artisans making their famous and beautiful pottery.
- A valid passport is required to travel to Nicaragua.
- Major carriers fly into the international airport in Managua which is 23 miles away (Augusto C. Sandino International; airport code: MGA)
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport to the Granada Isletas
- You must contact the hotel to arrange your lake transfer from Granada Isletas to Jicaro Island
- The area can also be reached by car from Costa Rica – it’s about an hour and half drive from the Costa Rica – Nicaragua border
- Prices start at $120 per person, per night, based on double occupancy; all-inclusive which includes hotel, all meals and non-alcoholic drinks, and features as specified
- A 2-night minimum stay is required
- Maximum occupancy per room: 3 adults (children under 12 are not allowed at the resort)
- TripAlertz rate includes 2 adults; additional person rate is $150/night payable directly to resort upon check-in
- Hotel tax and service charge are not included and are added on the TripAlertz check-out screen
- Airfare / transportation to Nicaragua is not included
- Travel valid through October 30, 2013
- Availability is limited and blackout dates apply
- Reservations are non-transferable and non-refundable; cancellations are not permitted.
- Date changes MAY be accommodated at least 30 days prior to arrival for a $25 fee and are subject to availability by calling TripAlertz (888-425-3789)
Find the best deals
Choose Sites to Compare vs. TripAlertz
Invite Friends Travel for FREE
Thank you for sending!
Expect a hug from your friend soon!
Unbeatable LOWEST Airfares
TripAlertz as seen on:Become a Member for FREE!
Win FREE TRIP!