2-night Stay at one of Germany’s Top Luxury Hotels from only $458 (USD) based on double occupancy – Save over 50%!Germany / Bonn / Steigenberger-Grandhotel-Petersberg
Expired Deal, yet call 888-425-3789. We may be able to still book it.
Experience old-world luxury overlooking the Rhine River!
>> Click to read what's included
There‘s something special about visiting Europe in the winter. We’ve got a great deal to one of Germany's most legendary hotels, known to house kings, queens, presidents, and other heads of state! This getaway to the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg is located in the beautiful Rhine River valley a short distance from Bonn, Germany. Starting at just $458 (USD) for a 2-night stay (based on double occupancy), you'll receive lovely accommodations, sumptuous daily buffet breakfast for two, a delicious 3-course dinner, and use of the health and wellness facilities (spa treatments are extra). Travel is valid December 2012 through April 2013. For a real taste of German “gemutlichkeit” (hospitality)… book today and you’ll save over 50%!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR TRIPALERTZ DEAL
Your fabulous luxury Rhine River area getaway includes:
- Accommodations in a Standard Park View Room for 2 guests
- Daily breakfast buffet
- One three-course meal per person, per stay
- Free access to the Wellness Area including fitness center and swimming pool
ABOUT STEIGENBERGER GRANDHOTEL PETERSBERG
Experience “living history’ at the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg – a magnificent property which has served as the official German host hotel for royalty and heads of state – and now welcomes you for an unforgettable getaway. Nestled on a hill of the same name, the hotel – a member of the distinguished Steigenberger hotel company – overlooks the beautiful Rhine Valley with a breathtaking view over the area and close to the city of Bonn. Enjoy and experience classic sophistication and comfort on a truly grand scale! Elegant guest rooms feature a lovely décor of pastel colors and dark woods and include a host of guest amenities. There are 3 restaurants plus bars / lounges for your eating and drinking pleasure. Additional hotel facilities include a fitness & wellness centre with modern exercise equipment, indoor swimming pool, full-service spa, sauna and steam room. There’s a wealth of excursions which you can make from here including to the lovely city of Bonn (12 miles away) and exploring the beautiful surroundings and Rhine Valley area – with the center of Konigswinter only 3 miles away.
Accommodations are everything you’d expect – and more – at the Steigenberger Grandhotel. The exquisite interior creates an atmosphere of restrained elegance, with fine materials and noble furnishings, precious paintings and antiques (on loan from the German federal states) all adding to the exquisite ambience. All Standard Park View Rooms are spacious (325 sq ft) and feature a lovely garden / park view. (Maximum occupancy: 2 guests)
Standard Park View room amenities feature:
- One double bed with premium bedding and linens
- Garden / park view
- Bathroom with shower/tub combination, bathrobe, slippers and complimentary toiletries
- TV with international cable/satellite channels and pay movies
- Wireless Internet access (additional charge)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Mini bar
- Work desk
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
FOOD & DRINK
Dining at the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg is enhanced by the beautiful views over the surrounding area! Enjoy the restaurant, bistro café, breakfast room and bar for your eating and drinking pleasure!
Food & Beverage Options:
- Restaurant Rheinterrassen (gourmet restaurant featuring classic cuisine with a regional accent along with international specialties; open for lunch and dinner)
- Bistro Café with Sommergarten (regional specialties and pastries with a magnificent view – a real German “kaffe and kuchen” - coffee and cake - experience; open lunch and afternoons)
- Wintergarten (a lovely spot to start the day; open for breakfast)
- Big Animal’s Bar (classic bar serving beers on tap, cocktails, national and international drinks)
- 24-hour room service (in-room dining around the clock is available)
ADDITIONAL HOTEL INFORMATION
- Check-in time: 2:00pm
- Check-out time: 12:00pm (noon)
- Internet Access: ($10 EUR per hour)
- Public parking is available ($6 EUR daily)
- Business services available (additional cost)
- Pets are allowed ($18 EUR per pet, per night)
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport/hotel transfers can be arranged (approx. $50 EUR per person, each way)
THINGS TO SEE & DO
Discover the sights, sounds and tastes of the enchanting Rhine Valley!
Bonn was named the “temporary capital of Germany right after World War II an retained that honor until 1999 when the capital was relocated back to Berlin. Friendly and relaxed, this lovely city offers a selection of great museums – the Museum of Modern Art, the Art and Exhibition Hall of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Museum of the History of the Federal Republic of Germany are the most famous – a lovely riverside setting and the nostalgic flair of the old government quarter. Bonn was the birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven, and it’s here you’ll find the great composer’s birth house. Stroll in the “Altstadt” (Old City) where you’ll find the lovely Altes Radhause (Old Town Hall) ornately decked out in pink with silver and gold trim – and the site where many politicians, including John F Kennedy and Charles de Gaulle had waved to the cheering crowds below.
This is a “must visit” if you want to get a good taste of this lovely area – one of Germany’s most beautiful natural landscapes located right outside the gates of Bonn! The picturesque half-timbered villages like, for example, Linz am Rhein and Germany’s northernmost vineyard, are popular excursion destinations - not only for those on gourmet trips. Germany’s oldest nature reserve, the Siebengebirge region with its many legends and tales, has numerous interesting spots which are worthwhile exploring as you get to know the romantic Rhine region.
German Christmas Markets
This is an activity which you should be sure to include if you’re planning your getaway during the month of December! Attending a Christmas Market in Germany is truly magical – they’re just about everything you’re NOT used to seeing during the holiday shopping period. Markets typically start setting up in late November and run through Christmas Eve – with bright wooden stalls and nativity scenes, wooden nutcrackers and stars, candles, and so much more – while surrounded with the delectable aromas of spicy gingerbread cookies (“lebkuchen”) and hot chestnuts and sausages roasting on open fires, just as the song goes! Bonn’s Christmas Market is located on the Munsterplatz and its neighboring streets, and providing a festive backdrop, the beautiful Altes Radhaus is transformed into a giant Advent calendar, with one more window being lit up each day! One of the country’s largest markets is held in the nearby city of Cologne. A visit to one of these markets will have you singing “O Tannenbaum” in no time!
Konigswinter is a lovely area to visit if you want to get a real taste of the local flavor. It’s both a town and an area surrounded by smaller villages rife with picture-book charm. Take the cog railway to the Drachenfels, a mountain with a storied legendary past. Sea Life is an aquarium with a great variety of species on display – a local favorite! Just wandering around – if weather permits – in the area is why most people come to visit to begin with. Schloss Drachenburg is a private villa palace which rises above the hills - and looks every bit like a fairy-tale castle!
- A valid passport is required to travel to Germany.
- Cologne/Bonn International Airport (airport code: CGN) welcomes many European flagship and low-cost carriers, and is a 25 minute drive away from the hotel.
- The hotel is located a short distance from the Konigswinter train station, easily reached by taxi,
- TripAlertz prices are billed in USD by a U.S. company
- Prices are based on a 2 night stay as follows:
Double Room: $458 for 2 nights, based on double occupancy
Single Room: $343 for 2 nights, for single travelers
- Maximum occupancy per room: 2 guests
- VAT tax is included
- Airfare / transportation to Cologne/Bonn is not included
- Travel valid between December 1, 2012 and April 30, 2013
- Availability is limited and blackout dates apply
- Reservations are non-transferable, non-refundable, and cancellations are not permitted
- Date changes MAY be available subject to availability for a $25 fee plus any rate differential by contacting TripAlertz at (888) 425-3789
Find the best deals
Choose Sites to Compare vs. TripAlertz
Invite Friends Travel for FREE
Thank you for sending!
Expect a hug from your friend soon!
Unbeatable LOWEST Airfares
TripAlertz as seen on:Become a Member for FREE!
Win FREE TRIP!